Wanaque Valley Regional Sewerage Authority Capital Improvements
The project included design of the following capital improvements at WVRSA facilities, consisting of the installation of a 130 kW gas generator at the Haskell Pumping Station, and a 1000 kW diesel generator at the wastewater treatment facility. The overall program to replace the existing diesel generators installed over 20 years ago involved;
• Installing mechanical aerators and drives with increased aeration capacity for the existing oxidation ditch process system;
• Upgrading of three (3) influent pumps and drives to 40 HP;
• Installing a rotary drum sludge thickener system;
• Installing non-potable water pumps, dilution water pumps and drives;
• Installing mixers on sludge holding tanks; and
• Upgrading a discharge channel ultraviolet disinfection system.
Boswell prepared the planning documents and all associated loan paperwork in order to receive funding from the New Jersey Environmental Infrastructure Trust (NJEIT). Permitting acquired for this project included a Treatment Works Approval permit, Air permit and Highlands Exemption. The services provided further included construction inspection and administration.